Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kinky Curly Knot Today





Ingredients


Ingredients: organic Mango fruit extract, organic slipper elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance.

Cost: 8oz, $12

Review

I bought this product to use in conjunction with Kinky Curly Curling Custard. I did allot of research and learned that KCKT is essential to lay the groundwork for the KCCC. For that purpose I feel like this product does a good job. It is very liquidly and thin in constancy and it has a light fragrance. It is a pretty good detangler for being so thin and this product was a blessing when I had shorter hair. However, I have realized that as my hair had gotten longer and thicker it needs a cream based detangler.

In all actuality I think that any lightweight leave-in would be good to use as a foundation for KCCC, so this product may be substitutable.

On its own without using it with KCCC it really didn't do anything for me. I felt like my hair was not moisturized with this product by itself. I had to add other products on top of it to make my hair feel soft.


The Verdict

I give it 3/5 stars for my hair. I think that by itself KCKT can not stand on its own. I think though if you are using it for KCCC then this product is pretty good. You can probably find a cheaper alternative though, $12 for 8 oz is not cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment